Valuable tips on how
to shop smart in Mauritius
may be all you need to afford great gifts at exceptional prices.
Most magazines and tour operators feature high-class shopping centres,
which offer great variety but not necessarily the best bargains.
On the other hand, taxi
drivers in their excursion itinerary will
make sure you stop at a few 'selected' shops where they will earn
a 'high' commission.
Some might even upon negotiation of your trip fare prior to your
trip that if they decrease the trip fare, you will have to go to
their 'favourite' shops.
- Shop around first and compare prices
- Be wary of hawkers on the beach and road-sides
- Polish on your bargaining skills - you never
know how much you can save!
- Keep close watch on your belongings and purse
are many in the markets and even in shops)
- Check the condition of branded products as
quality may vary
- Always keep the receipt in case of returns
- Make sure your local immigration allows entry
of fresh and/or dried food, souvenir products made of wood, dried
materials and other ethnic products.
- Have a local with you and see the difference
Book for an all-day shopping excursion!